Thursday, October 19, 2006

The " I *sigh* Often " List

1. "I want a wife/I love women/How could I front like I dont be in love with 'em?/ A lil man/that I can teach/ A lil sand/but not the beach/I figure an excess can only lead to an excessive amount of fuss...." - Dave (De La Soul) "Trying People"
2. Have I ever mentioned how much being single can suck sometimes to me?
3. I'd love to be in a committed relationship but the simple fact is I dont believe Im ready
4. Thai thinks Im crazy when we talk about my intended level of dedication to my future wife
5. I really wanna be the bestesthusbandever!
6. What I've come to realize is that aside from love and trust, what women need more than anything is stabilty 7. And right now...I believe myself to be excitement and fun but not stability
8. And so if I want that wife I had better get my ass stable b/c.....
9. "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got" - Moms Mabley
10. Now that's fucking real talk!!
11. That shit shoulda been a blog in and of itself
12. My co-worker dips her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in soup
13. Im 99% sure it's b/c she's from Iowa
14. "On a starry winter night in Portugal/where the ocean kissed the southern shore/There a dream I never thought would come to pass/Came and went like time spent through an hourglass/You made love to me like fire and rain/Ooh, you know you've got to be a hurricane/Killing me with kisses, oh, so subtly/You made love forever, baby/You made love forever........." - Teena Marie "Portuguese Love"
15. Turned on the news : Still bullshit goin on in the world
16.*sigh*
17. Turned off the news : Decided to work to make my world better
18. Ruby Dee just stayed at my hotel!!!!!!
19. She's soooooo cute and precious I swear I wanted to eat her up
20. What I really wanted to do was be a groupie and ask for a picture but I had to maintain my professionalism
21. But that sux b/c when am I gonna meet her again?
22. My Bears are looking pretty F-ing good right about now!
23. I meant to ask Robin Thicke why 'norwegian wood'?
24. Like....what the hell is wrong with domesticated wood?
25. And does he actually travel to Norway to get it?
26. "I love watchin' shoulders being justifiably dusted" - Fay
27. Brooke Hogan looks to me like Eminem in drag
28. And I think this Shareefa chick is Shawanna's singing alter ego on some Humpty Hump/Shock G shit
29. C'mon now they look too much alike and they're both on DTP?!!?!?
30. I didnt know there was such a word as
'fuckstrated'
31. However I certainly understand it's sentiment
32. 'Flavor of Love' is over
33.
*Teej does his happy dance that resembles the whop*
34. By all accounts our event with Robin Thicke was the shit....
35. ...but what made me believe I wanted to get into event planning again?
36. Can we say S T R E S S F U L ?!?!?!?
37. In any event Superior Media Group is now open for business bitches!
38. "Ya girl's present with the music blastin/and she keep asking/"How it shoot if it's plastic?"/I tell her "you'll see if ya man run up"/She sat back and turned "The Carter" back up/Oh fa sho!!...." - Lil Wayne "Go DJ"
39. I mean I like Lil Wayne with his newfound swagger and all but....
40. The poor child told me that he would eat Mos Def up in a battle
41. *sigh*
42. But she's 14 so WTF does she know about music?
43. Pa-Trishee's blog to baby Justice is just about the sweetest, most sincere shit I've ever read in my life
44. His letter asked if we forgot about him since he's been locked up
45. Not at all....but shit Im trying to keep from going crazy and doing some shit to land me in there with your ass!
46. I swear knocking over a bank sounds more and more tempting some days
47. There is a poor 5 yr old baby in the world named Mercedes Champagne

48. I mean what is there to say about such madness?
49. "See, what had happened was, me and my eldest son were riding in the car one night and we were listening to XM satellite and Cassidy came on, that’s my lil’ homie. So I’m like, “You like cuzz?” And he’s like, “That’s my favorite rapper!” I was like, “What! That’s your favorite rapper??” So my littlest son in the back, I’m like, “Yo, who your favorite rapper, Lil’ Snoop?” He’s like, “You.” So [to] my oldest son, I’m like, “Yo, why I ain’t your favorite rapper?” He’s like, “I mean you cool. You flow but…you don’t be like, bustin’ like Cassidy and them.” So I went and made [“Think About It”], and I played it for him and he was like, “Goddamn Daddy! I ain’t know you did it like that!” And I was like, “Yeah nigga!” - Snoop Dogg
50. Anyone else see something wrong with this lil story from Mr. Dogg?

8 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

2. yeah it can be rough at times....
6. your are right
9. I am puttin that on my blog as the line for right now...
17. Yeah I have come to that conclusion, we have just got to get out there and DO something about it
49. Wow....*TC shaking her head*
50. that's why it takes a village to raise a child...

Afro Diva said...

2. I think I've forgotten what anything else feels like.

3. At least you know it and aren't going around breaking hearts

6. I don't know about that, I would put security up there in the sense of being secure that you can trust him with your heart, health, hopes, dreams, fears etc. But maybe I dont' understand what you mean by stability.

9. Can someone help most of my people understand that means. I swear people are insane around here!

15. Am boycotting it b/c it makes me depressed

Blu Jewel said...

what an interesting list of things. I can relate to a few of them myself. I applaud you wanting to be a husband and even more so for knowing you're not ready yet. I actually watched a couple episodes of Flavor of Love thanks to Lil Lady and boy was I more than disgusted and kept shaking my head saying, "WTF?"

Anyway, keep ya head up, good things will come your way.

PS...I would have loved to have seen Ruby Dee...love her too!

DivineLavender said...

12. My co-worker dips her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in soup
13. Im 99% sure it's b/c she's from Iowa

Man, I am from Iowa...we ALL don't dip our P&J in soup...maybe the grilled cheese in tomato soup.

Am I slighty offended? Why naw us, Iowans are a lil touched.

sincereR said...

11. yes, please get started on that!

28. for real. i've been thinking they were the same person too. what's even funnier is the one personality is trying to start beef with the other personality. now that's some shit!

39. and he's successfully believed himself so much that everyone else thinks he's the second coming (of Hov). what's that about?

NegroPino™ said...

I love the randomness.......havent been mentioned/inspired u lately....:-(
Sometimes I feel like that too....but then u dont wanna rush it ya know. Get RIGHT first. I just know u would make a good husband one day.....

jendayi said...

why do your lists always seem so short to me? "Is that 50 already?! Awww. =("

sunshine said...

2. OKAY!!
9. AMEN!!
28. Hell yeah, they DO look a lot alike-Perhaps they are sisters?
46. Please include me..gimme the details later:)