Friday, September 08, 2006

5 Albums (In My Opinion)

So what I've done is picked a few artist with at least 5 albums off the top of my head and ranked their albums. Now of course this is all in my opinion, but I do expect to hear back from yall. And hell.....some of yall with blog capabilities carry on and pick more artist and do ya own ranking. This oughta spark some discussion up outta ya..........

Mary J. Blige
1. My Life
2. Mary
3. What's The 411?
4. Share My World
5. The Breakthrough

Common
1. One Day It'll All Make Sense
2. Be
3. Resurrection
4. Like Water For Chocolate
5. Can I Borrow A Dollar?

Jay-Z
1. The Blueprint
2. Reasonable Doubt
3. Vol 2. Hard Knock Life
4. The Black Album
5. Dynasty Roc La Familia

Ghostface Killah
1. Supreme Clientele
2. Ironman
3. Fishscale
4. The Pretty Toney Album
5. Bulletproof Wallets

The Roots
1. Game Theory
2. Things Fall Apart
3. The Tipping Point
4. Illadelph Halflife
5. Do You Want More?!?!

New Edition
1. NE Heartbreak
2. New Edition
3. Home Again
4. All For Love
5. One Love

Outkast
1. Aquemini

2. ATLiens
3. Southerplayalisticcadillacmuzik
4. Stankonia
5. Speakerboxx/Love Below

R.Kelly
1. R.Kelly
2. 12 Play
3. Chocolate Factory
4. Happy People/U Saved Me
5. TP-2.com

A Tribe Called Quest
1. The Low End Theory
2. Midnight Marauders
3. People's Instinctive Travels....
4. The Love Moment
5. Beats, Rhymes & Life

Nas
1. Illmatic
2. God's Son
3. It Was Written
4. Stillmatic
5. Street's Disciple

Let the debate begin.................



5 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

IM confused. NOw that u put the 5 albums we rate the 5? or did u already rate them with 1 being #1?

jendayi said...

I say...

Mary J.
1. My Life
2. What's the 411?
3. Share My World
4. Mary
5. The Breakthrough

All the rest, I only have at the most 3 out of the 5 albums... so I can't comment.

Mike. I thought you weren't feeling Dre's visionary crazy-ness like you don't feel Gnarles Barkley. I thought you would have said Speakerboxx.

T.a.c.D said...

Imma hit you with two old school joints...

Maze Fet. Frankie Beverly
1. We R One
2. Golden Time of Day
3. Can't Stop the Love
4. Back to Basics
5. Joy & Pain

(yes these are all titles of hit songs you may know but they are albums)

Tony Toni Tone
1. Sons of Soul (if you don't have this you need it)
2. Who?
3. The Revival
4. House of Music
(they really only have these four albums...but man they crank)

Tupac has too many to try to do five best...I thought about trying though...so here it is
1. Me Agaisnt the World
2. Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z
3. Thug Life
4. 2Pacalypse Now
5. All Eyez on Me
(note: 1 & 2 can go either way)

Ok now who else...oh,
Biggie (there is only 2 though)
1. Ready to Die
2. Life After Death

I really didn't like all of Born Again..but since that was the 3rd album...naw it can't make the list

Mahogany Misfit said...

Yay, I like this list! Now you must break this down from albums into songs for us!!!!!

And T.J., don't you dare leave off "Not My Kind of Girl" from New Edition's NE Heartbreak album.
That is THE BEST SONG!!!!!!

dreamgirl said...

I'm late...but big ups to whoever threw in We R One by Maze...I'm so feelin' it!

Of the artists I'm able to comment on I'd say you did a pretty good job...Mary is perfect, I'd do a little rearranging on Jay and Outkast, but definitely keeping speakerboxx/love below in the bottom spot. R.Kelly, I'd probably redo the whole thing, but opinions are meant to vary, I guess. Good job, Teej!