Thursday, February 16, 2006

The "There's Nothing Better Than Love" List

1. Damn yall.......I was just playing!
2. "There's nothing better than love/what in the world could you ever be thinking of" - Luther Vandross & Gregory Hines "There's Nothing Better Than Love"
3. Teej still = 'The Love Advocate'
4. I just thought the picture was funny
5. RIP Coretta Scott King and J Dilla
6. Get out there and live your life while you still have one why dont you!
7. I was trying to type the word ‘Godly’, but accidentally typed ‘Goldy’
8. Funny how they are so close to each in spelling huh?
9. At least I thought so
10. My fingers are crossed tight than a mug about that job
11. "Sir with all due respect.....WE set the fucking trends!" - Charlie Trotter
12. So she said she got a letter in the mail at work from the ‘American Waffle Association’...the letter on the inside said "Fuck French Toast!
13. Then she said she got another from ‘American Pancake Institute’ and it said ‘Fuck waffles!’
14. And she swearsssssssss she isn’t making this up
15. "My umi says shine your light on the world/shine your light for the world to see!" - Mos Def "Umi Says"

16. Dude I lost to a girl in Madden!
17. I might have to sic her on the rest of the fellas
18. nigger • noun offensive a black person.
— PHRASES a nigger in the woodpile dated a hidden cause of trouble.
— USAGE The word nigger has had strong offensive connotations since the 17th century. Recently, however, it has begun to be used by black people as a mildly disparaging or ironically affectionate way of referring to other black people. Despite this, when used by white people it remains strongly offensive, and should be avoided.
19. That’s in the online version of the Oxford dictionary
20. Go look!
21. http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/nigger?view=uk
22. LMAO…..even they know what’s up!
23. "(If a) nigga say 'nigga'/we cool, but/(If a) cracka say 'nigga'/niggas nut the fuck up!" - Eazy E "Nigga4Life"
24. He sounds like he needs to clear his throat one good time
25. Why wont he do it?
26. "This is what happens when bitches get knocked up!" - Jenn B Well
27. Just saw the "Touch The Sky" video
28. Kanye is one creative mu'fucka
29. Evel Kanyevel though?
30. I ate puree'd collard greens at this tasting at a fancy restaurant

31. Thanks for hooking my computer up Eesh!
32. "One of the local television stations in South Louisiana actually aired an interview with a black woman from New Orleans. The interviewer was a woman from a Boston affiliate. She asked the black woman how such total and complete devastation of the churches in the area had affected their lives.

Without hesitation, the woman replied," I don't know about all those other people, but we haven't gone to churches in years. We gets our chicken from Popeye's".

The look on the interviewer's face was priceless." - As forwarded to me.


33. So wrong.....but sooooo funny!

34. Now I know why Les was stressing over the dentist
35. I need well over $8000 worth of work done to let the dentist tell it
36. My first thought was "Damn....I get complimented on my teeth all the time....I didnt know I was a yuckmouth!"

37. That shit's just another hustle if you ask me
38. Same way doctors find shit "wrong" with u 2 get u 2 spend more money
39. Drea....Im having fun!
40. We had a guest at the hotel by the name of 'Van Hofwegen'
41. Tell me that aint some shit straight outta St. Olaf!
42. Cherise......
43. "If there aint no beauty you got to MAKE some beauty!!" - Earth, Wind and Fire "All About Love"

44. "He had already told me he was a genius," she says.

"It's the truth!" he howls.

Their cackles have a way of melting into one another.

They fell in love. She once gave him an inscribed picture of herself: "Dear Ossie, When I think of you, let there be silence and no writing at all. Ruby." He smiled the country smile when she handed it to him.

They went across the river to New Jersey to marry in 1948.

"We were working," she remembers. "We didn't have the whole day off, did we?"

"I think we had Thursday off," he says.

45. Now what's fucking with that?
46. Why is Romeo about to come with a dis track aimed at Bow Wow?
47. Why come my mama knows someone named "What it is!"
48. But thats still not as bad at that stipper's bodyguard/money-holder named "Cant Get Right"

49. File those in the "I wish I were making this up" column
50. "….remind yourself/nobody built like you/you designed yourself/I agree I said/my one of a kind self get stoned everyday like Jesus did!/what he said/I said/had been said before/’just keep doing ya thing’ he said/say no more…" – Jay Z "A Dream"

5 comments:

chele said...

It's about time ... great list.

Pureed collard greens? Damn, that is just wrong.

Anonymous said...

"When I think of you, let there be silence and no writing at all."

Damn if that didn't bring a tear to a sister's eye... but if you tell anybody I cried I'll cut you deep.

Anonymous said...

...and i soooooo wasn't making it up!
i got pictures of the letter from the american pancake institute to prove it...

Cherise said...

Teej,
#42/43. I know.
Thanks.
Love u,Cherise

Happy Times said...

That churhces line gotta be a classic moment in black history. LMAO. There has GOT TO be a way to download that broadcast. I would love to see the anchors face. "We ain't been to churches" indeed!!!