Friday, February 03, 2006

The Music Baby

*Seen this on the homie InsanelySane's page....I had to jump on it!!

1. A favorite political track - N.W.A. "Fuck The Police"
"Fuck the police coming straight from the underground/young nigga got it bad cuz Im brown/and not the other color so police think/they have the authority to kill a minority/Fuck that shit cuz I aint the one....."

2. Song that makes you dance no matter what?
Beenie Man F/ Mya "Girls Dem Sugar"

3. Song you’d use to tell someone you love them?
Mary J. Blige "Im In Love " ....those horns is a muthafucka!

4. Song that has made you sit down and analyze it’s lyrics?
Ras Kass "Nature of the Threat" .......shit is mad deep!
"Now listen...when you celebrate"Thanksgiving"/What you are actually celebrating is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome/Who later, in league with Queen Isabella/sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain to murder any blacks that resisted Christianity/These Moors, these black men and women were from Baghdad, Turkey/And today you eat the turkey for your "Thanksgiving" day/as the European Powers destroyed the Turkeys who were the forefathers of your mothers and fathers/Now fight the power you bitch-ass niggaz!!!"

5. Song you like, that a two year old would like as well?
Dem Franchize Boyz "Oh I Think They Like Me"

6. Song that gives you an energy boost?
Freeway F/ Jay Z & Beanie Sigel "What We Do"
"If my kids hungry (I'll) snatch the dishes out ya kitchen!"

7. A song you and your grandparents would like?
Billie Holiday "Them There Eyes"

8. Song you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now?
Chante Moore & Keith Washington "Candlelight and You"

9. Sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life?
Whitney Houston "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?" ...Im such a sap!

10. Peppy song that would start the opening credits in the movie of your life?
Stevie Wonder "I Wish"
"Looking back on when I was a little nappy headed boy/Then my only worry was for christmas what would be my toy..../I wish those days would come back again....."

11. Good song from a genre of music no one would guess that you liked?
Ani DiFranco "Back Back Back"

12. Song that you think should have been playing when you were born?
2Pac "Young Black Male"
"Hard like an erection/Young Black Male/Hard like an erection/..aint shit to fool with!"

13. A favorite artist duo collaboration?
Any Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell song

14. A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally,commonsenically, religiously etc.)
Snoop Dogg "Bitches Aint Shit"

15. The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz f/ Ying Yang Twins "Get Low"
"I dun been to the club bout fifty-leven times! " ..........WTF?

16. Your smooth song for relaxing?
Amel Larrieux "For Real" .....Her voice is amazingly soothing!

17. A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at?
Mya "If You Died I Wouldnt Cry 'Cause You Never Loved Me Anyway"
"I HOPE YOU DIE/I HOPE YOU DIE!/.......You could get struck by the lightening/washed away by the sea/burned in a fire/just dont bring it back to me!" ......I know it's harsh and Im sure I'd never let ANYONE fuck with me this much, but I do like the song. It takes you there.

18. A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group"?
Wu Tang Clan "Protect Ya Neck"

19. A song that makes you reminisce about good times with a family member?
Salt-N-Pepa "Do You Really Want Me" ......This was the first song my now 18 yr old little sister learned as a 3 year old. It was kinda cute. Guess you had to be there.

20. Your favorite song at this moment in time?
Heather Headley "In My Mind"

8 comments:

Happy Times said...

5. How about " Hey little mamma, why you dance so funky! Yeah it's the funky, it's the funky Y2C! " Y'all remember that one. Come on, I can't be the only one who remembers that! Every "adult" and they baby was loving that song!

princessdominique said...

The nominations are in!

courtney said...

lol...I'd vote for you...*going back to princessdominiques*

Shelia said...

I just love your list...you had me cracking up over here. Here are my favorite two:

Song you like, that a two year old would like as well?
Dem Franchize Boyz "Oh I Think They Like Me"

The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz f/ Ying Yang Twins "Get Low"
"I dun been to the club bout fifty-leven times! " ..........WTF?

Anonymous said...

Maybe if Nina Gordon remakes #15 you can improve the functioning of those Lil' Jon afflicted braincells.

Ms.Honey said...

I love Heather....alot of people sleep on her and Vivian....

feels good b n FREE said...

oooh fun list...i might have to try that...

came thru because of princessdom btw...

lenny said...

2. Song that makes you dance no matter what?
Beenie Man F/ Mya "Girls Dem Sugar"


couldn't agree w/ you more...