Friday, January 06, 2006

What's Your Flavor?


Anyone seen VH1's new "reality" show 'Flavor Of Love'? If not...in short it's basically like 'The Bachelor' except for the bachelor is Flava Flav formerly of Public Enemy. Im sure Chuck D is somewhere at this very moment shaking his head in disbelief. This is Flav's 3rd go-round with VH1. First he was on a season of 'The Surreal Life' where he fell in something like love with Big Ass Bridget Nielsen, then he and Big Ass Bridget got their own spin off entitled "Strange Love" where I think he chased Big Ass Bridget all around her native Russia or some shit just to find out that Big Ass Bridget had a fiance that she wasnt trying to shake.

So I suppose that leads us to this season's newest runaway hit 'Flavor Of Love' where Flav has the impossible task of narrowing down a field of what I believe to be 20 (mostly) beautiful women (mostly) in their 20's, to one girl for him.

While on the phone with a friend and flicking through the channels I happened to stumble across it. And a thought occurred to me. These women are vying for the affection of a semi-broke, middle aged former crackhead with a bunch o' kids!!!!! (Oh yeah...Flav got a few Babymama's!) And so Im wondering if any of these women saw their lives coming to this? Where they would actually be in a house, getting catty with each other, and even into physical altercations over a dude who's like 5'5, no more than 110lbs, and who admittedly was on crack when he helped record the anti-drug song "Night Of The Living Baseheads"!!!


I just dont get it. Im sure Chuck D doesnt either. But this is TV. This is 'Celebreality' I suppose.

11 comments:

chele said...

Dude, what's not to get? These chickenheads are getting their 15 minutes of fame! They want to be on television to launch their modeling/singing/acting/ho'ing careers. Don't nobody seriously want to get with Flav.

Anonymous said...

There must have been something in the "911 is a joke" video that drew them to Flav. The serenade is in the words..."get up uh get get get down..."

Cherise said...

Flav is like Bobby Brown, a likeable guy with a lot of issues. LMAO.. .I don't get it, but I will watch it because it's funny as hell... Oh and the answers to the song challenge are in my comments for that posts.. Good Job, Teej.. i'm impressed....

Superstar Nic said...

I don't get the infatuation with this dude! I mean what is it that see in this fool.

After reading Chele's comment, I guess she's right, because they cannot possible really interested, could they? Please!!!!

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I definitely agree w/ chele. No one in their right mind would actually look @ Flava and get moist. (haha)

Waddie G. said...

I want to throw up on Flavor Flav. In fact, I need to hurl now...What's with these stripper girls who want to win his affection for a few months?

Anonymous said...

phewww... i tawt i was the only one who's thinking this show is just bunch of BS....

i am sooo with everybody here... Flav might have lotta $$, but he needs some major makeover as well...

Anonymous said...

I finally saw this mess, and it is riduculous. That man is a hot mess and so are those chicks. I just had to turn it off, but then again I couldn't watch "Being Bobby Brown" either. It's like torture to me.

--> A Diva

SOPE said...

Check out my blog, Hopefully you can spread the word to all Indies out there and get your site known through my site.

brooklyn babe said...

no you didn't post about flava flav?
no you didnt....

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, i'm addicted.
it's so absolutely insane, it's entertaining. as an actor, i'm appalled at where the entertainment industry is going. but alas, i have little control.