Saturday, June 04, 2005

Am I Thinking On This Too Hard?

You know that saying "Love as if you've never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Work like you dont need the money."???? Well a thought occurred to me. Something aint right with it. The first 2 parts seem on point, but that third part..."work like you dont need the money".....something just aint right about that one. Follow me now.....

Please believe me when I say that you DO NOT want me working like I dont need the money. First of all...if I dont need the money, then why the fuck am I working? For fun? Hell nall fool! I am actually working b/c I do in fact need the money. If I had $40 milion in the bank and I didnt need the money Im not too sure I'd be necessarily giving an 'A' effort at the workplace, feel me? That aint what you want Roland! You want me working my ass off! You want me working like Im being monitored out that bitch. That's how you want me working.

Anyways I say all that to say that that part of the saying should be changed to "Work like you need EVERY stinking penny of the money" Does that make sense to anyone else or is it just me?

5 comments:

Teej said...

well it should be something like 'the goal in life is to work like you dont need the money' or something. alls im saying is 90% of the workforce in the world cant afford to 'work like they dont need the money' b/c they do need the money and they probably ARENT doing what they love. but i do feel ya love.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Teej... who wrote that crap? If I didn't need the money, my ass wouldn't be workin at ALL. I'd be up in Tahiti or sum shit, sipping on some pineapple vodka with a gorgeous, tall Tahitian man feeding me delici...

*stares off into space*

what was I saying?

Anonymous said...

I think it means that if you can enjoy what you do then it will seem less like work...I think it depends on the job though.

JaMeRo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JaMeRo said...

Dance- as though no one is watching you
Sing- as though no one can hear you
Love- as though you have never been hurt before
Live- as though heaven is on earth