Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTING SUCKS ASS!

.....but I did it anyway.

What Im trying to figure is.......when the fuck did it become so damn difficult to vote? At about 1:30 in the afternoon I was watching the news (It's my off day fuckers!) and they did a blurb about trouble with ballots being reported somewhere. Already!?!?!? This early in the damn day? WTF??!?!!?

I've been voting for a little more than 10 years now. I dont recall all this bullshit about hanging chads, absintee ballots and uncounted votes til oh say...............about the year 2000 when good ol Jedster presented the entire state of Florida to his brother Dubya as an early present. Until then....as far as I could tell voting was pretty goddamn simple. But ever since then....voting aint been the same.

We usta have the good ol punch method thingy. But then with the 'hanging chad' controversey happened they moved on to touch screen voting. Now the thing with the touch screen is....it's a fucking computer. Them shits break yo! Plus.....let's not even mention that ITS A FUCKING COMPUTER!!! They can rig it to turn out any way they friggin want!

Today I voted in what I guess is the newest method. The "connect the arrow" method. I swear this shit gets dumber and dumberer like a Jim Carrey movie. So in this method there is basically a broken arrow like this... '< ------' next to each candidates name. You simply must fill in the arrow to make it a complete arrow pointing to the person you wanna vote for. Seems simple enough, right? You know people are pretty fucking stupid though, right? And you know we'll never cease to be amazed how much stupider people are than we originally gave them credit for, right? So we'll see how they manage to fuck this up too.

Screw this.....Im moving to Canada. They dont have the dumb ass problems us Americano's do.

And besides.....they got better health care and gun control!

7 comments:

sincereR said...

connect the arrow? that sounds completely ridiculous. we had to fill in circles by hand. but you had to be sure to read each line because in some areas, you could select 20 circles per section and in other areas, only 1. then, you slipped your paper in this box that's supposed to automatically count your marks. only, it gives you absolutely no confirmation that's it's eaten your paper correctly. it felt like a waste.

every time i vote, i get ready to fight. i get this feeling like i'ma back in jim crow days and i'm going to need to prove i'm a true citizen. today, i walked in with my passport, 2 drivers licenses w/ different names and addresses on them (i know that's illegal), my work idea ... high school year book, my masta's name... i didn't want any mess.

Afro Diva said...

Its all a scam, yet I cast my vote in every election. We went from the complete the arrow to the fill in the circle this year. We have the automatic ballot eater thing here, but I don't trust it, any of it. I'm with TJ, I'm outt this MF but I'm heading south. If I can't be in the US I'm gonna have a warm climate. See ya on the beach!!

T.a.c.D said...

I am with you...Canada here I come!

DivineLavender said...

I touch the screen....got my sticker. It is all symbolic now. All symbolic...as fucked up as it is...we all must go.

Everything else is fucked up too...taxes, health care, traffic, TV, music and we all are mixed up in that crap too.

Plus, I like my little "I Voted" sticker...it was cute with my red jacket. Call me a priss! :[

Blu Jewel said...

i voted. whether i'll get what i voted for is another question; however, at least i exercised my rights.

Ms. Confessions said...

Unfortunately I missed the chance to vote due to my unexpected traveling.
I am glad the Democrats have control of the House and Senate. What good will it do, your guess is as good as mine. But at this point any party is better than the republicans…

NegroPino™ said...

I can't go to Canada!!!!!