Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bravebird Flown Home

Pa-Trishee....I awoke on 11/26, the day of my event, to a text from your sister saying that you had transitioned to the other side. So initially of course I was numb, but I had people around me, and you know how I am. I put on a good face and tried to proceed like normal. My event went pretty well although I imagine there was something about my mood the whole night b/c I wanted to be sitting in my room alone playing those certain songs for you, and not coordinating an event. People kept asking me what was wrong, assuming I had jitters about my event. If only they knew I had you on my mind the whole time. But again you know me. I put on a good face. Still have it on now as a matter of fact.

You'll be happy to know I talked to Dorothy yesterday. She's doing okay. I told her that she is and must continue to be a 'Bravebird' as well. That lil sis of yours is something else. She told me about the conversation yall had about me. I cant believe you! *smile* I am honored by the gift that you asked her to give me. Know that I will cherish and protect it.

I cant front though....It hurts that you passed 2 days before I was to get there, and that I wont get to hug you. Im still feeling a lil 'ewwwww'. I told you of how I deal with these things. And while I dont believe your passing to be a cause to mourn, I am somewhat sad that I wont get to hear you say 'Hey You' outloud again. But I hear it in my head.....and that will help to heal the sadness.

And Trish? You aint slick by a damn sight. I know that was you that blew my light out last night. Have you been watching me all this time? Been watching me as I move in a daze pretty much? Here I was struggling to stay awake b/c I felt like I shoulda been writing for you, then I finally decide to lay it down, but to pray first. And as I pray I continue to doze off while on my knees bedside and then the damn lightbulb in my lamp just goes out!!! I know that was you saying "Boy take your ass to sleep!" You're not fooling me. I know it was you. Thank you for reassuring me though.

In honor of your World Renown 'Gratitude Wednesdays' I wanted to tell you some of the things Im grateful for. Ready? Okay....

Im grateful.......

.....for finding you. Or did you find me? :) Either way Im grateful.

......to have gotten the chance to talk with and know you.

.....for you constantly reminding me that Im 'not ready' with all "my women" and all. lol

.....that you displayed the amount of courage that you did.

.....that you actually sat and listened as I played song after song over the phone for you and that you were tolerant enough to sit through and somehow appreciate my God-awful singing.

......that you knew I was trying to make you feel better.

.....for the excitment you showed about me coming to visit.

......that we decided that we had to have known each other in a previous lifetime.

......for the "fat baby", Dorothy and your mom as they are all reflections of you.

.....for the pictures and memories I have of you b/c they will hold me tight til we meet in the next lifetime.

Rest easy Bravebird Patricia.

Stay Close,

Anthony