Monday, March 06, 2006

They Fucking Won?!?!!?!?

Eddie Murphy once told a joke about how when Jesse Jackson ran for president it would have been funny if all the crazy white people decided to vote for him just for the hell of it, and he ended up winning and then when they sobered up they'd be all in shock and shit like "He fucking won!?!?!"

Well a moment much like that has happened as far as Im concerned. Memphis rap act Three 6 Mafia has won a fucking Oscar for Best Original Song! Yup....the same Three 6 Mafia that has given us such timeless classics as "Hit A Muthafucka", "Elbow A Nigga", "Slob On My Knob", "Blow A Nigga's Ass Off", "Hoes Can Be Like Niggas", "Azz & Tittiez", "Let's Start A Riot" and of course "They Bout To Find Yo Body" will now go down in the anals of history as the first rap act to ever perform at the Oscars, and the 2nd to actually fucking win one. (Eminem won the 1st ever for "Lose Yourself" a couple years ago, but he dont count!)

*This is where I shake my head*

Is this a big joke? Did the people who vote on this shit do this as a mistake? Did they jokingly decided to use their individual vote to vote for them thinking no one else would? This just cant be life people! And let me say that I am not hating on Three 6 Mafia. Ive met them. They are cool dudes and all....but "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp"????????? I mean sure...I suppose the song was/is important to the story and all, but that's not the representation I want in 75 years when most of us are not here and they look back on this moment.



"For anyone keeping record," Host Jon Stewart said later, "Martin Scorsese, zero Oscars. Three 6 Mafia, one."

What's funny is....I actually wore my Three 6 Mafia promo sweater today b/c I was in a rush to leave the house and it was right there. So I guess in a weird twisted way....this is all my fault.

I apologize.

17 comments:

Cessalee Stovall said...

yeah, i was really upset about that. but i don't blame you.

Anonymous said...

I knew it!
I knew you were to blame!

I mean when they announced 3-6 Mafia as the winners I turned to my moms and said "That DAMN TJ!"

I'm so done with you...

*pops collar, works hoes and insists they put the money in her hand*

RO-beast said...

Man how u gonna say Em dont count. Thats 2 for hip-hop in general man!

BrownSugga said...

I GUESS WEIRDER THINGS CAN HAPPEN. WAS THERE SOME OTHER ARTISTS NOMINATED? IT HAD 2 B A JOKE.

JaG said...

LOL

msjaim said...

I hate the "grill Cheese" these fools make when taking pics!

Anonymous said...

it's very interesting indeed... i watched, and had my jaw dropped.... whoaaa!!!

Sim1 said...

Its OFFICIAL

We are in our last days!!!

Anonymous said...

"For those keeping count...Martin Scorcese zero...3-6 Mafia one." -Jon Stewart

Sup Teej!!!
Mael

Miz JJ said...

Definitely feels like one of those things where white people (the academy) were laughing at 3 6 mafia instead of celebrating with them.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with 3-6 Mafia winning the Oscar. I don't really see the point of all the shock/fuss/drama surrounding them winning. Considering the other songs nominated, this was the best original song. Leave them motherfuckers alone and let them enjoy the Oscar.

Anonymous said...

Imagine Josh Groban at the Source Awards...

Didi Roby said...

Call me Barbie if you want, but I thought it was ground~breaking...weird but ground~breaking.

Chocoflwr said...

Ground-breaking was Sidney Portier being the first black to win for a leading role, sad is the word I use for 3-6 Mafia winning that oscar. As black people in this country, we are becoming more and more of a joke! Why is Beyonce's stupid word "bootylicious" now in the dictionary?? Ooh, I think this calls for a blog GG.

Anonymous said...

The following song was nominated for an Oscar...

Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?
No, blame Canada
Blame Canada
With all their beady little eyes
And Suckin' dicks with English guys
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
We need to form a full assault
It's Canada's fault!
Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the damn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
Well, blame Canada
Blame Canada
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
They're not even a fucking country anyway
My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
fuck no!
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
With all their hockey hullabaloo
And that bitch Anne Murray too
Blame Canada
Shame on Canada
For...
The smut we must stop
The trash we must bash
The Laughter and fun
Must all be undone
Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!


why are people upset about some southern rappers who were commissioned to write a song about a fictional pimp/rapper.

Anonymous said...

chile.. the world will never know..
but as I said before.. the aliens should be landing any day now...

Cherise said...

WE had a very long discussion about the irony and the complete and utter ridiculousness of this entire situation.... WHY now and WHY this song and the only conclusion WE could come up with was... It's hard out here foe a pimp, when you tryin to git this money foe the rent, when the cadillac and gas money's spent.... U get an oscar and all is well.. LMAO.. love ya, Reese

P.S. I'm tired of typing that damned word verification...lol