Monday, December 07, 2009

Love > Money

So I have this crazy idea in my head, right? You ready for this?

Okay so the crazy idea in my head is that I will be able to prosper and realize my full potential career-wise AFTER I find love. Crazy, right?

What I'm coming to find out about myself is that I value love more than anything else in this whole wide world. The love of my family and friends means everything to me. But the one thing I'm missing love-wise is that "special love" between a man and a woman. You know....that "SPECIAL" love when yall get to do it and stuff. Yeah that love.

Now while I'm well familiar with the ever popular mantra of "Money over bitches", and the always classic "Fuck bitches. Get money", and "even 50's slept-on musing of "you hustlin' backwards if you chasin' a bitch, Stupid!/ Chase the paper, they come with the shit", I just never bought it. Sounded good, but didn't feel right. I like money but it comes second to love for me. Besides....you don't take the lyrics in rap music seriously, do you? I sure as hell don't. I'm a leader, not a follower. No sir.....not The Teej. I goes my own lane. And to me it would be waaaay sweeter if I got love then the money.

Billy Dee had said that "Success is nothing without someone you love to share it with." Dammit ain't that the gospel? I mean....I could hit my number tomorrow and be the richest man in the world by next Thursday but what the fuck fun would that be w/o a special someone to take along on the ride? Any chick that I meet after the fact will get the *side eye* because I couldn't be too sure if homegirl is here for me or the dough.

But if I lock my baby in BEFORE it all then I'd know, ya know? Besides...I really have tunnel vision about us building an empire TOGETHER!

Now that would be the sweetest!

PS. Please don't think I'm sitting on my ass and twiddling my thumbs career-wise whilst I wait on love. Trust that I'm making moves. I just think it's something to be said for having someone there and having your back as you take on the world TOGETHER.

5 comments:

jendayi said...

Hmm. What a concept! =)

These are sweet sentiments Teej. I hope you find the special someone to grow together with.

Anonymous said...

I hear you. join forces with your Queen and together, you two can build your empire! *blessings*

Knockout Ed said...

I dont think it's crazy. I've believed the same for a while. People always look at me like i have 2 heads.

Afro Diva said...

TJ Bear, you just got "IT" now if only you could get the rest of your brethren to get "IT."

Having love in your life is key to fulfilling upon your dreams and aspirations.

All this chasing money is the reason everyone is so unhappy. I hope you finally have your head screwed on straight and get clear on the kind of woman who will make a true difference in your life and inspire you to reach the heights that you are meant for!

You are awesome and I am proud of you.

M.C. said...

Funny, because I think I may be the opposite. I always feel like u have to get your shit together first then, you get the love! I could be wrong.