Sunday, August 09, 2009

Tainted Love (What Kinda Love Is This....?)

She said “I don’t know… This guy seems too nice. I’m suspicious.”

And I go “Well damn cant the brother just be genuinely nice?”

Then she replies “Never came across that before. He gives compliments, he wants to see me. WTF?”

Aint that something? The fact that he DOES give compliments and makes it known to her that he wants to see her makes her pump her brakes and put her guards up?!?!? That leads me to wonder what kinda behavior had she experienced before and began to take for “the norm” if those 2 genuine gestures throw her off course.

In “Cant Get Enough Of Your Love Babe” Barry White has a line that goes “What kinda love is this that you’re giving me?”. I’ve always loved that line. You know you getting some real shit when you gotta step back and examine it like “Hold up! This is some new shit! I aint never been loved like this before! What kinda love did you say this was again?” lol

I cant speak for anyone else but I dont know how NOT to wear my heart on my sleeve. If I’m digging on you, you’ll know it. And most likely everyone around me will know it too.

“Im too old to be fronting what Im feeling/Denzel’n acting like you aint appealing when you are” - Jay Z

So Matou if you’re reading….just know that we arent all the same. Some of us are indeed built differently. Some of us are actually pretty damn good at expressing ourselves. Some of us know how to genuinely compliment a woman. Some of us know how to be attentive. Some of us do in fact mean what we say.

It may seem that we’re far and few in between but we’re around love. ;)

1 comment:

Angelique said...

Well babe, what you have to understand is that sadly, so many women have been mistreated that they have grown to think that is the way men all are. Some women have been abandoned by the 1st man in their lives, their father, so they often get in dysfunctional relationships because they just need to have that man presence.

I was fortunate to have my father and never really grew up thinking all men were the same. I feel blessed because of that. All of my relationships weren't perfect, but for the most part, none really ended on no extra drama shit.

So yea, it sucks that a lot of women have this mentality because its untrue, but just try to understand where it is coming from or why they might feel this way. Not saying you got to deal with it or get in a relationship with someone that doesn't realize she has to take each and every person by their OWN merit, not of those in the past.

But I know you already understand all this.

Miss ya Teej! ::MUAH::