Friday, February 27, 2009

So Who Chooses Who?

In a recent conversation with a friend (LTO DO YOU SEE YOUR NAME HERE?!?!?!? LOL) we got on the subject of relationships and the such. I told her that I think when comes to LTR’s and Marriage that ultimately the man doesnt choose the woman. The woman chooses the man. And while LTO stopped short of calling mecrazy, if I recall correctly she didnt completely agree with me, So lemme expound a bit on why I think that the woman chooses the man and not the other way around.

If men are supposedly the pursuers I think it’s safe to assume that most women are accustomed to being pursued, right? It’s up to her to decide which of her pursuers she thinks makes the best mate for her, no?

Save for the case of say….some sorta known wealthy or famous guy who must decide if all the women are paying him attention strictly for his dough, I think it’s almost always the woman that chooses the man.

I do admit that I drift back and forth with “old fashioned” and “traditional” values and so on. And said “old fashion”/”traditional” values would say that the man chooses his wife but I dont buy it. It occurs to me that said “old fashion”/”traditional” values leans a bit toward outright sexism, but I digress. Needless to say Im not “old fashioned” when it comes to this particular matter.

Anyone feeling me on this?

What say you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.