Monday, January 12, 2009

The "Riots Aint Nothing But Diets For The System" List

1. "I dreamt that I could paint you with words/But there were no colors bright enough/Black or white enough/Blue or green enough, it didn't mean enough..." - Mos Def (Mary J. Blige) "Beautiful" (Remix)

2. So I've just been told that at the last few weddings that I've been a part of...at some point during the ceremony I've stared off in space all dreamy and romantical like

3. Friggin hilarious b/c being the hopeful/hopeless romantic that I am it makes total sense....I just dont remember blacking out like that

4. Somehow I kinda figured myself to take the plunge before Zell but when a man is ready he is ready!

5. But still tho.....Zell!?!?!??!

6. Congrats to him and Joan

7. Having my younger cousin have to break down new slang for me is not such a great feeling.

8. Besides......."too slap" just sounds dumb

9. Slap = Drunk

10. "Outside the walls of your IMAGINED limitations, there is a whole world waiting to be experienced. Allow yourself to venture into it." - Unknown

11. Is that not the realest shit ever?

12. All thanks do to Monie for sharing that quote with me and for putting me up on....

13. ...that new new : http://www.yearoftheblacksmith.com/

14. Yes I surely did put the "Party In My Tummy" song in my ipod. Im THAT fa-serious about that song. It makes me happy I tell you!

15. Damn you Florida Gators! I was pulling for the Sooners!

16. Tim Tebow is NOT gonna be the truth in the NFL....much like Tyler Hansborough is NOT gonna be the truth in the NBA : Mark my words!

17. What kinda clusterfuckery is this whole Roland Burris saga?

18. The bottom line is dude is a good dude, but Blagojevich coulda frigging picked The Pope to take that seat and he still woulda been looked at with a side eye

19. Who knew that "Amazing Grace" was written by a white former slave owner?

20. I guess it makes sense when you think of the lyrics but still.....

21. "America's lost somewhere inside of Littleton/Eleven million children are on Ritalin/That's whay I don't rhyme for the sake of riddlin/False media, we don't need it, do we?/Pilgrims, Slaves, Indian, Mexican/It looks real fucked up for your next of kin....." - The Roots "False Media"

22. Sooooo...the police are back to shooting niggas all willy nilly again?

23. First Robbie Tolan in Texas, then Oscar Grant in Oakland.

24. God bless Oscar Grant's life

25. They are rioting in the wake of Oscar's death in Oakland yall

26. And when you see the footage of how they shot him while he was face down and unarmed you'll understand why they are rioting if you didnt before

27. I'd never say rioting is cool, but I think it has it rightful place amongst other necessary evils

28. "Riots aint nothing but diets for the system" - Ice Cube "The Predator"

29. I realize that this list is kinda "dark" but this latest string of police shootings of unarmed black men is really fucking with me

30. On one hand I suppose things are "looking up" as we have a black president, but still it aint sweet by any means

31. Live Love Laugh and Learn yall

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Hilarious - you're freaking hilarious.

T.a.c.D said...

a lot of people are really bitter that we have a black president...so unfortunately we here on the ground gotta watch our backs, fronts and some more stuff...its really real out here! Its definitely a time for change and I am really hoping that his being a strong loving family man is going to show folks that HE is truly an example of how MOST of black america is...