Wednesday, August 06, 2008

One Day At A Time

It was all fun and games
Til she fell in love
And realized that it’s real
And now she’s feeling stuck
She slipped in the abyss
And was like “what is this?
This is not what I meant
Let me get up out this shit!

And she pulls back a bit
Tries to shake the feeling
But it wont go away
Plus they all usually dogs
And they all usually stray
So scared to play the fool
Or at least look the part
She’s overthinking in her head
But not listening to her heart
So tired of false starts
But she’s been this route before
After the last time she swore
She wouldn’t go this route no more
But you know how it goes…..
You stress the past
And you’ll only be stressed
You block the blessings
And you wont be blessed
Besides this was just a test
That they must endure
To make sure they were sure
And that it was pure
I tell ‘em write their own story
Go line for line
And most of all take it slow
Like one day at a time

3 comments:

Noe said...

Yo son, I'm impressed! This is exactly what I was talking about the other day. I've been in this mindset too many times before. Hell, I'm in it now in a sense. What to do? I can definitely identify.

Eb the Celeb said...

**Snap***

dnyree said...

I have a respect for something like this in my 30's... that I wish I could have appreciated in my 20's. Might have saved me a heartbreak or two (& maybe the breaking of few)