Monday, May 12, 2008

I Now Understand.....

...why this country and world is so fucked up!

As most of you know, I work as a concierge at a ritzy boutique hotel (and no, I dont have the hookup for you, so dont ask!) in downtown Chicago. And Im sure those of you who read my blogs have at some point read when I reference my job as 'getting shit for white people'. (Yall think Im being funny, but Id say 85% of the guests are white so Im just telling the troof!) If you are unfamiliar with the term 'concierge' lemme give you the textbook definition as told by everyone's favorite source for info about anything....WIKIPEDIA!

"In hotels, a concierge assists guests with various tasks like making restaurant reservations, arranging for spa services, recommending nightclubs, procurement of tickets to special events and assisting with various travel arrangements and tours of interesting places to visit. In upscale establishments, a concierge is often expected to "achieve the impossible", dealing with any request a guest may have, no matter how strange, relying on an extensive list of personal contacts with various local merchants and service providers."

Now with that said....you can imagine that I run into and deal with ALL types of people every single day that Im at work. Everyone from your typical well to do types, to business class types that run multi-million dollar companies, to foreigners visiting this country who barely speak English, to the dude tricking off trying to impress a jumpoff and so on. All these people have one shining attribute in common.......

.....THEY ARE ALL FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

I now understand how Bush got (s)elected and re-(s)elected. I mean really....when Kerry lost I was just dumbfounded as to how anyone can vote for this prick a second time, but now I get it.

As Ive told the homie Andrea (What up Hutch?!?!) many a time......we are the minority b/c the vast majority of the world is stupid. Plain and simple. Its just one of those clear cut things......much like the fact that water is indeed wet and Paris Hilton is a trick. It just is. Most people in general can not think for themselves or make their own decisions and so they'll believe everything they are told or see on TV or read in the newspapers. They repeatedly believe the hype even though PE warned 'em not to.

There's a saying I heard a while ago that says 'Common sense aint so common anymore'. And this is what I just cant wrap my brain around. Much like most white people cant fathom police brutality and racism even existing, I cant fathom how and/or why people are so damn dumb. Most times when I have to deal with these idiots it just pisses me off. And my coworkers wonder why I get all riled up. "Are you fucking slow? MACY'S IS ACROSS THE STREET! THERE....RIGHT THERE! SEE WHERE MY FINGER IS POINTING? IT'S RIGHT THERE! THAT BUILDING RIGHT THERE!" My patience just wares then. I get irritated when people dont do the common sense/basic shit.

I feel like Im ranting now. Actually I pretty much know that I am so let me wrap it up for you folks so you can continue with your day.

In short, about 88, maybe 89% of the world is either slow, stupid or retarded. Those of us that dont fall into those categories must remember that we are severely outnumbered. They are everywhere. At our jobs, at our places of leisure, even next door to you! Stupid people do stupid things.......and it makes sense to them. So when us non-afflicted people try to do something the non-stupid way everyone looks at us like we're out of our mind. Dont buckle under the pressure. Dont let stupid prevail. And by all means when you are forced to deal with an obvious idiot just take a deep breath, remind yourself of the fact that it's them and not you, then say what you need to say to them as slow as possible til it sinks into their tiny little brains.

Smart people unite and let's all get down!

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

totally makes a lot of sense...totally...common sense, aint so common anymore" that is VERY true...very very true