Saturday, November 03, 2007

The "Get Off Hip Hop's Dick Already" List

1. "Brother says he's tellin/'bout you playin doctor with that girl/'Please dont tell I'll give you/Anything you want in this whole wide world!!'" - Stevie Wonder "I Wish"

2. Remember that? You'd get caught doing some shit you KNOW you aint have no business doing....and you'd beg and plead with the person not to tell?

3. So Nas announces his plan to name his next album "Nigger" and mugs are losing their mu'fuckin minds!

4. Forget the fact that Dick Gregory named his autobiography "Nigger" in the midst of the civil rights struggle in 1964 or that there was Randall Kennedy's book "Nigger : The Stranger Career Of A Troublesome Word" a couple years ago.....somehow it wasnt a big deal when a non-hip hop person did it

5. Anyone that knows anything about Nas' music knows he's prolly gonna have something relevant and of substance to say

6. I soooo wish they would get off Hip Hop's dick already!

7. An admitted extreme dog loving judge sentenced a man, who threw his girlfriend's 10 week old puppy off a 3 story balcony, to 3 years in prison....

8. ....and while I agree that that is pretty fucked up and cruel to do to a puppy let it be noted that there are people who shoot others and have bookoo traffic accidents all drunk and reckless and shit who get less time

9. Needless to say that the defendant is black and the judge is white

10. Im telling you....dont mess with no dogs 'round no white folk! There will be HIGH hell to pay!!

11. "I don't need a low rider to know how to be a rider cuz if you know me then you get that riding is what i do." - Na

12. Im pretty sure it doesnt get any realer than that!

13. btw....Boston's got this sports shit on lock in case you werent aware

14. The "Follow Along" blog kinda missed its mark if you werent really familiar with song that I paraphrased

15. Oh well....it's really hit or miss with these blogs

16. Cant really expect yall to know what Im talking about 100% of the time

17. Shit...I dont even know what Im talking about 100% of the time!

18. "....the crowd is open, I think I know why/Im back from the future, seen it with my own eyes/and yup....Im still the future of the Chi!" - Kanye West (Common) "Southside"

19. People fucking up and then not being able to admit it and instead trying to place the blame on you is sooooo not what's real in the streets!

20. Fucking fuckers!

21. Not only did the Megabus driver make a detour to apparently pick up his check....I'll be damned if this nigga didnt make a Popeye's pit stop as well!

22. Guess you cant really complain when your roundtrip ticket is $16.....but still!

23. And I swear the driver for the trip back was Sam Kinison reincarnated!!!!

24. Shout out to Tina Divina on her new gig as the official blogger at the house that Jill built AKA Hidden Beach Records....check out her teaser @ http://www.hiddenbeach.com/

25. It is well deserved with your infinitely dope ass

26. So that's your shoutout....now I want mine on your first blog on the site lol

27. "Things can always get better......with a drink in your hand!" - Lori

28. I flippin love those Johnson gals

29. RIP to my great uncle Bobby

30. I know I say this everytime someone passes but it bares repeated repeating

31. Pleeeeeeease live your life yall

32. Get out and do whatever the fuck you wanna!

33. Ang I got you and your fam in my prayers as well

34. I think the Indy excursion helped

35. "Catch a flick at the Liquid Kitty/trying to get a chick to kick it with me to the tilt/Told her my Chamber's like Wilt/Built with her for a sec/Let her know I had respect/In less than an hour she was giving me neck!" - Common "1999"

36. Who knew that Tom and me had the same birthday?

37. My bad E...I got it now...it's like how Erick Sermon spells his name only w/o the 'c', right? lol

38. Who's coming to our first 'Game Night' event on the 15th?

39. Good food, great drinks, dope music, cool peeps, fun games.......dammit I say it's a fucking fantastic time to be had by all!

40. As much as we all want Barack....the truth of the matter is we might just have to settle for Hillary

41. Lemme tell you son....having a "light skin girl" promotion for your club night is the most simplest, juvenile, ignorant shit ever dog. What are you? 12?

42. Personally Im not surprised that Don Imus will be back on the air before the year is over....are you?

43. "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything.....except genius" - Oscar Wilde

44. And yes that was for you! ;)

45. Val? Sparkle? I dunno what the hell is wrong with Lauryn either

46. I suppose all we can really do is hold out hope that she returns to her old form circa '98 or so

47. One time for the Georgia Supreme Court getting some 'Get Right' and finally setting Genarlow Wilson free!

48. Shole (and yes I said 'shole') is about time something went right with justice system in this bitch for a change!

49. I have to be mindful of my mouth and my page as my little underage cousins recently told me that they look at my myspace page from time to time

50. "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." - Anonymous

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, okay! I'm laughin at you. But... It isn't because your blog is silly or anything; this is my first time viewing it, and I like it. It's REAL! That's exactly what it is. The Hip Hop Topic is crazy. I love Hip Hop, so I agree with you 100%- unless you would have dissed Jay Z or something. But it's understandable since it is "how you feel..." I invite you to view my blog also, cause like yourself its "what I think". Holla.

T.a.c.D said...

4. very good point indeed
17. at least i am not alone with that
31. i am learning that lesson, we got to get out here and just make the most of life...no stress, just get up and get out and live it
40. wouldn't it be a good look if they just joined "forces" and went for it together...sure Barack would have to settle for VP, but hell its a step!
43. interesting and very true
49. the older we get and the more we realize that people are "watching" us the more we have to be mindful of a lot of what we do

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.