Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Yo....Im Tripping Hard!

This is a sure sign I need some.......something. Afterwards I even tripped like "Yo...did I just do that?" So what happened was....I was laying in bed at like 4am. I had been in bed for damn near an hour and I couldnt fall asleep. I had Mary's "My Life" album playing. So of course Im thinking about KK. (Like what the else is my lovestruck ass gon think about at that time of night?)....Anyways I swear on EVERYTHING I LOVE....I turned over and asked MY FATHER for advice!!!!!!!!! I literally turned over and uttered the words...."What should I do Pop?". I even had to laugh myself at that one. I was like "Nigga you know you tripping now!".

Basically to make a long story short......the reason that this is sooooo unusual is I didnt really kick it with my old man since I was about 12 years old. Yup....right at the formative years. Anyways contact was spotty after I graduated 8th grade. And it's not like he lived far away. He was still in the city. Homie just didnt get it popping like that for whatever reason. The tripped out thing is....I didnt really miss him or it didnt bother to me til maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Then I finally tracked him down and the siblings that I didnt really know too well. Anyways he died maybe 8 months after I found him again. Needless to say that there are a lot of unresolved issues there. And the sucky thing is Im pretty much left to work them out amongst myself.

But shit....that's life I guess. I just thought it funny as shit for me to roll over and ask advice of him. That would definitely constitute me tripping hard!

No comments: