Thursday, August 12, 2004

Back By Popular Demand....

...well sorta! I didnt think my sweetie was checking this thing, but apparently she is. B/C she told me that my ass needs to do a new blog. Hehehehe. Anyways I dont know if I have much to blog about at the moment. Just have a couple of random thoughts floating thru my head. I suppose I'll share. For one...Prince's song " Gett Off" is stuck in my head. How is that for random? Anyways....I was at home last night watching VH1-Soul channel like I frequently do (right KK? LOL) when India. Arie's "Ready For Love" came on. It got me to thinking of how when that song first came out I was SOOOOOOO feeling it. Like really deep down in my biz-ones, ya know? And the part where she says 'they say watch what you wish for, cause you may receive'. And that shit really happened to me. I wished for a love, and dammit I got it. But what I'm realizing is that once I got it, I maintained it for a minute, but I got unfocused. I dont wanna say that I took it for granted cause I try not to take anyone for granted, but I will admit to getting unfocused. So upon hearing the song and having that thought.....THE IDEA/INSPIRATION FOR A NEW POEM came to me. You dont understand....I just havent found the inspiration to write shit resembling a poem in sooooooo long. But it came to me. I think it's gonna be called "My Apologies To My Love (Songs). Basically Im gonna be apologizing to my love and some of my favorite love songs using the titles of some of my favorite songs about love. Get it? If not, I may find the courage to post it. We'll see.

1 comment:

lenny said...

that's my theme song... i didn't know that there was a video for it... "lately i've been thinking you're not ready for me/ maybe you think i need to learn maturity..." thats where i'm at w/ it right now...