Monday, June 21, 2010

About You! (#21....30 Writes in 30 Days)

Give yourself a break. Yes you! You deserve it!

We are all here trying to make a way and pursue our heart's desires. Most of us mean no ill will or harm towards others. In fact, most of us love to see others prosper and even try to help them along the way if possible.

I know I for one am really confident in myself and my abilities. I also know that sometimes I tend to be a bit too hard on myself. I expect so much of me, and put so much pressure on myself that sometimes when I come up short or things don't pan out I get down on myself.

There is a balance to be struck there. It's okay to expect a lot of yourself. And it's also a good thing that you hold yourself accountable, but don't beat yourself up. Be nicer to you.

In the end, all that you have is you. You are responsible for you. So cut yourself some slack.

No comments: