Sunday, May 15, 2005

Strange Fruit

So in conjunction with my NWOP I've made it a point to try to snack on more healthier things such as fruits and veggies and whatnot. The other day I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and I've come to the conclusion that we are being exposed to some questionable things.

You ever see like big ass grade school and high school kids and think "We werent that big and well developed in school. WTF?" I have a 15 year old 'little' cousin that is 6'4! Swear to God over the winter he gave me a pair a shoes that he didnt want and they fit! I would jokingly say that 'it must be something in the water.' But apparently not only is it in the water, but the chicken we eat, and the fruits and vegetables.

I swear I was looking through those oranges for at least 20 minutes in search of what I thought to be a regular size one. They were all bigger than grapefruit. I was scared to even buy one. I dunno what kinda 'additives' they dun stuck the damn orange with. I reluctantly bought 2 that I thought to look somewhat close to normal, but it has to make ya wonder, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you...something just aint right with the food noadays. I went to costco the other day and the papayas were as big as pineapples and that is no joke.

lenny said...

aren't papayas supposed to be bigger than pineapples?!?

Anonymous said...

Your big ass has the nerve to talk about kids being big these days?! Eating folks outta house & home. ;)