Saturday, May 02, 2009

The "Being Human Is My Crime" List

1. “There is nothing special about me…..I am just a little star/ If you try to reach out and touch me/ you’ll see that….I’m not really that far/ I may not be the brightest nor am I the last one you’ll see/ but as long as I’m noticed/ that’s just fine with me” - Kelis Feat. Cee-Lo “Lil Star”

2. Yo no lie….this song has been on repeat for like the last 30 hours as I type this

3. It’s a weird mix of melancholy, humble and reflective I think

4. Whatever the case I simply can not stop listening to it

5. Swine Flu?…………*shrug*

6. Maybe, just maybe with the recession going like it is….the health industry put this shit in the air so it can get it’s loot up

7. I mean they fucking injected unsuspecting humans with syphillis once upon a time to see its affect on them so I cant put shit past none of these government agencies

8. But is it me or are ALL the symptoms of the “swine flu” kinda identical to the regular ass flu flu?

9. Like my girl @Slim_Goodie said “First Anthrax, mad cow disease, SARS, west nile disease, flesh eating bacteria, bird flu, etc. Now it’s swine flu. What next? Fear tactics!”

10. “…..see that’s how they get your fear to control you” - Black Thought (The Roots) “False Media”

11. Yall believe what ya wanna but I’ll be over here on my PE “Dont Believe The Hype” shit!

12. Will somebody please tell Eddie Murphy that Mike Epps actually DOES make more sense to play Richard Pryor than he does?

13. OMG has any other President’s first 100 days been as heavily and closely scruntinzed and analyazed?

14. But you already know why that is, right?

15. I must admit that secretly I didnt give the Bulls a Krispy Kreme’s chance at Fat Joe’s crib of being able to hang with the Celtics but boy have they proved me wrong!

16. With 4 of the 6 games thus far going into OT, including last night’s 3OT victory, this is sure to go down as one of the greatest opening round series in NBA history!

17. I mean we trying to do our part and give back to the community or whatever and I dunno about the boy D’Leo but I was a lil unsure about doing the career day at the junior high but…..

18. …..the lil duns turned out to be alright after all

19. I AM writing fool! *gives YOU the side eye* lol

20. “Just keep trying and trying/ It’s just a matter of timing/ Though the grinding is tiring/ Don’t let ‘em stop you from smiling/ Just keep trying and trying/ Sooner or later you’ll find it/ It’s surprising how inspiring/ it is to see you shining/ Cause in the dark of the night you’re all I can see/ and you sure look like a star to me” - Kelis Feat. Cee-Lo “Lil Star”

21. Again I cant even speak to how much this song has sunk into my subconcious!

22. I feel like standing outside her crib and playing Destiny Child’s “No No No” loud as fuck on some John Cusack “Say Anything” shit but the more I think on it….that would be counterproductive

23. lol & smdh @ me

24. Things sure are peachy in ‘Teej World’ I tell ya….

25. My praying has been raggedy as of late. I need to fix that.

26. Happy retirement to NBC’s Art Norman

27. RIP Ernie Barnes & Bea Arthur

28. Andy I’m praying for you and the fam

29. And once more for the road……

30. “There is nothing special about me…..I am just a lil star/ I’ve been running and jumping, but barely/ getting over the bar/ I plan on being much more than I am/ but that’s in due time/ But until then I’m guilty/ and being human’s my crime….” - Kelis Feat. Cee-Lo “Lil Star”

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

that song is definitely one of my FAVS from her album!
i always enjoy your lists and your honesty around how you feel or see things...