Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Calm Before The Storm?

My bank account is stupid overdrawn and Im not stressing it. Havent shed one shred of worry about it.

Im unusually calm and I dont know why. Im not worried about shit I damn well oughta be worried about. Best I can do to describe it is comparing it to Peter from Office Space. Remember when he just fell into that trance and kinda walked around in a whimsical daze?

I kinda felt it and was aware of it, but my friend Yayah confirmed it for me. She confirmed what I already knew yet hadnt had verbalized. I feel a change a-coming but I cant quite put my hand on it just yet.

This week long excursion to LA has opened my eyes to a few things. My dealings with my life, my career and hell even.....women. It's like I was subconsciously paying attention and reassessing shit while partying and relaxing. So many of my friends are doing their thing. Pursuing their dreams (Evita) and reaping the benefits of taking chances (Carlos) and my nose and eyes and heart are open to it now. Now more than ever.

Im back to my daily grind, but its different.

And it will stay different. This I will see to. My visualization boards will see to that as well. (Thanks for the inspiration Rho.)

It's a new me on the horizon.

Beware.

5 comments:

Dopelikelouboutins said...

I think this is my 1st time commentingbut I'm a regular reader.Congrats on your revelation, I wish u much success!

Afro Diva said...

well luv i am happy to hear that you are in the midst of transformation and am eager to see what comes of it. this is a year of great change, new beginnings and endings.

my current meditation has been on clarity, focus, direction, and action. personally, i swing between in panic and euphoria when i think about my upcoming moves, but as my date approaches i stay encouraged that i am doing the right thing.

i envy your calm in the face of what would otherwise cause stress and/or anxiety b/c neither will change a thing. i strive to find that space as i look at my own accounts and wonder how the universe is going to make it work, but knowing that it will!

jendayi said...

not to overshadow your post but, YOU WERE HERE IN LA!? punk... =(

keep your eyes and ears open anthony. jump on opportunities and be brave.

T.a.c.D said...

nothing like feeling that change a comin...stay open, stay positive and stay focused!
I am telling you 2007 has had its ups and downs it seems for us all, but I KNEW coming into this year that it was going to be a GOOD one...

so let that change come on my brother let it come on...

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all the time. You should do what you have to do. Take a chance and just try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

anony