Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Must Confess....

...."Chicken Noodle Soup" has seeped into my head.

Im not too ashamed to admit that I been singing the shit too. What's funny is Angela swears she hates it, but she doesnt turn the TV when the video comes on. Im gonna go ahead and pin this on her b/c if I hadda just heard it once I woulda pushed it out my mind and kept it moving. But noooooo. Ive heard it like 4 times a day for the last 3 days. And the shit is catchy I must admit.

This is also a telltale sign that Im getting old. Shit we all are. All of us that's been complaining about these songs like "Laffy Taffy", "Chicken Noodle Soup" and etc. We have crossed the bridge yall.

Need I remind yall of "Just My Baby Daddy" or "Your Mama On Crack Rock"? And dont front like yall dont remember them shits either. Now I know what our parents were thinking and feeling the first time they heard us singing that bullshit. That's just how it is. Every so often we have those kinda songs that just hit for whatever reason.

I dont need to remind yall that neither B Rock and the Biz ("Just My Baby Daddy") nor Da Puppies ("Your Mama On Crack Rock") are making songs anymore.

They come and go. They rarely are thought of 5 years after the fact. That's just how it is. So for now.....


"Let it rain. And clear it out
Let it rain. And clear it out
Let it rain. And clear it out"

ROFLMAO!!!

8 comments:

dreamgirl said...

You think you're REAL slick with this one...but no, I'm not gonna let you do it. Because you have succumb to the pressure and now choose to "let it rain, and clear out." Don't try and use the words "we" or "us"...that's "you" dude.

I ain't wit' it!! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

jendayi said...

Thank you dreamgirl! I was JUST about to say THE SAME THING! What's with all this "we" and "us" stuff. lol.

YOU crossed over. Leave the rest of us out if it!

And don't try to write/sing the song to us and try to get that mess in our heads. That's not fair!lol.

T.a.c.D said...

LOL...man I agree ladies...I can NOT and will NOT get with it...Period! However, you are right about the we are getting old part...I just realized that I am 12 years older than my freshman joining Kiamsha this year...and I agree we must feel how our folks felt about that song and many others...it is what it is...I just can't wait for it to go away! Please let this mess just go away!

Teej said...

I dunno why yall fronting. It's okay ladies. There's freedom in admitting it. It's liberating I tell ya!

Cherise said...

I ain't even heard the song because I TRY to steer clear of commercial bullshit! I just heard that stupid, I wear my stunna shades at night How dumb is that? I definitely don't want to hear Chicken Noodle Soup....

**shakes head at Teej** Bad Teej! Bad Teej!! slaps the teej's hand twice!

My co-worker is in the process of explaining the song as i'm writing this.. I may be forced to listen to it for the sake of arguement...

*sigh*

sincereR said...

*and on that note, i will exit


....


and possibly never come back*

DivineLavender said...

TJ,

What is the chicken noodle soup?

*Going to YouTube.com*

Afro Diva said...

Proud to say that I have yet to hear "Chicken Noodle Soup," but at the same time must admit to my share of random ghetto songs.

Yes I am getting old, but if that keeps me from rocking "Laffy Taffy" I embrace my maturity :-).

I am sure as I start to work with more young people I will find more than a few random songs racing through my head.

Pray for me. . .