Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Cant Quite Put My Hand On It But......

.....something doesnt quite sit right with me concerning these pictures.


No this isnt the next singing duo to vote for on 106 & Park. You see, this is Carwin Jones and Bryant Purvis of The Jena 6. You've heard of them, right? 6 young African-American men whose criminal case in Jena, Louisiana has sparked damn near the biggest civil rights uproar since Rosa decided she was too tired to move for whitey on a Montgomery, Alabama bus in 1955? You heard a bit about it I assume?

Anyways so I believe BET invites Jones and Purvis to walk the red carpet and present an award at their 2nd annual HipHop Awards. Maybe the invite was kinda to show that the boys are doing okay for the time being. Maybe they were invited to make sure the (guaranteed on-looking) hip hop world was aware and cognizant of the situation. I dunno for sure.

But what I do know for sure is that these boys STILL have to go on trial. They arent out the woods yet. Just seems to me you wouldnt wanna be all out and about all willy nilly like it's all good. How long did it take these fools to come up with their lil hand sign for when they take pics? WTF is that about? I mean sure you are at a Hip Hop event and the such, but you got an impending trial where you are facing football numbers dog. I would think you might wanna come dressed a lil more 'official' seeing as though national media is gon be there. Who the fuck is advising yall? Who thought THIS would be a good idea? Maybe it's just me. Im just saying....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! This was a very bad idea. Yeah, who the heck is advising them on this? They are on trial,and this is SERIOUS!!!

Anyone over 12 knows that you are always tried in the media and we all know they make judgments based on how it will best fit what they want to portray in their magazine, TV, etc.

Bad! Bad! Bad!

D

Krystal Klear said...

Good Evening,

Please add me to your blog roll. I have just started a blog to help single parents locate an absent parent. Can you also "shout me out" in one of your postings. My blog is www.children-1st.blogspot.com.

Thanks!
Krystal Klear

Unknown said...

What's sad to me is that the black community is rallying behind these boys as if they're innocent. Was there a travesty of justice in how their trial was handled? Hell yes. It's damn near "To Kill A Mockingbird" all over again. The only difference is that the boys actually did the crime with which they're being accused! It's not even in dispute; a bunch of black kids with prior records ambushed and beat the snot out of some white kid. And now BET is parading them on the red carpet as if they're paragons of the black struggle? What kind of bullshit is that? And that damn hand sign; it just makes them look like gang-banging thugs. I'm with you, Teej - who the hell is orchestrating this freak show?!

Anonymous said...

Tsk, tsk. What this tells society is that if you wanna rub elbows with all the celebrities you admire, all you have to do is commit some crime and yell racism right after it.

Why don't they just create a tv show, right Teej? Miss you dude. I'll be seeing you manana.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.