Thursday, October 11, 2007

Anticipating...........

He sang "Wait for love and you're gonna get your chance to love"
And so................
.......................I wait
My feet tip and tap and tip and tap and tip a tad more and tap even more
I stand and pace the room
I sit back down and begin to twiddle my thumbs and then......
.........I wait some more.
A few false starts here
A few "I wonder if she's....." there
And then there was "the one"
Or at least I thought she was
but we aint together
so if she was "the (real) one"
I aint gon never get it
b/c "the one" who could give it
done left
And while she crosses my mind
from time to time
and I wonder if I messed my only real shot up
I reassure myself that while I've lived
that I got a lot more living to do
and with said living comes opprotunity
Its one of the beauties of this here life
While those around me continue to
marry, make love and/or eventually make babies
I must reassure myself that
that pressure that I feel
is all in my head
There's no one watching me with stopwatch in hand
Im imagining shit now

6 comments:

jendayi said...

It's hard having patience huh?

Nice change of pace Teej.

Afro Diva said...

Hmmm you know I love you to death, but I just don't buy it. It can't be that hard, unless...

T.a.c.D said...

i feel you bruh i feel you

Anonymous said...

tick toc tick toc

at least you don't have one of those pressuring you to have a baby oh wait a minute, that's my stop watch waiting on you...lol.

Anonymous said...

This is real, man. I can appreciate that. Funny, was just thinking bout that song today and wondering if love will ever come for me again...I mean real love, the who loves me as much or even more than I love him, my soul mate, lover, friend...so I really feel you on this one. Is "the one" really out there, or if I missed him, is true love gone forever???

Dezzi Doll said...

We both have a small hill to crawl over. Looks more like Mt.Fuji. I have said it before. He is me and I am he...