Sunday, December 03, 2006

The "Peace Of Mind" List

1. "Now that she's back in the atmosphere/with drops of jupiter in her hair/She acts like Summer and walks like rain/Reminds me that there's time to change/Since the return from her stay on the moon/she listens like Spring and she talks like June/.....Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet?/Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day?/And head back toward the milky way..." - Train "Drops Of Jupiter"
2. I listened to that on repeat as I wrote "Bravebird Flown Home" for Trish
3. RIP Trish, Stace's mom and Bebe Moore Campbell
4. I wonder if death is really just the beginning?
5. Who's to say for sure?
6. Either way...get out and live a little dammit!
7. I love those '616' girls til the Tuesday after infinity but the way they was rifling off answers at 'Taboo' makes me a tad suspicious
8. Me and Dave gon get our get back though!
9. Okay...Im slowly slowly getting into Jay's "Kingdom Come"
10. "That's why I'm both/the saint & the sinner/Nice/This is Jay everyday/No compromise/No compass comes with this life/Just eyes/So to map it out you must look inside/Sure books can guide you/But your heart defines you" - Jay Z "Beach Chair"
11. Why does Okrah find it necessary to be on the cover of every single edition of her magazine?
12. But then again when you're that rich and it's your shit I guess you can do what the fuck you want, huh?
13. I know Im not crazy....There was definitely something in that hug
14. Are we on that H-Town 'I want that old thing back' shit?
15. Nah.....Im tripping
16. I cant believe Emory though
17. This dude!!!
18. "Hard to be a spiritual being/when shit is shaking what you believe in!" - Talib Kweli "Respiriation"

19. I prayed sooooo hard for Trish
20. Sometimes I wonder.......
21. ...but I have an unshakeable faith that all is redeemed in the end
22. I know the Bears' record says differently...but they look maaaaaaad shaky going in the final stretch of the season
23. Thank God for Special Teams and Defense b/c the offense aint the new hotness
24. Apparently Im a good juggler......or something
25. Maybe I just make it look too easy
26. Clerihew \KLAIR-ih-hyoo\ (noun) : a light verse quatrain rhyming aabb and usually dealing with a person named in the initial rhyme

27.
"I know a fella named TJ
With so much music he could be a DJ.
He's a pretty swell guy who throws events that are bomb
Maybe it's why he's more MySpace than Tom!"
- Maisha
28. Hilarious Eeesh but damn.....Im more myspace than Tom?
29. I cant wait til the first time I get to hear the J5's version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
30. It really is one of the best XMas songs ever made
31. My blog reading has been slacking like a mug
32. She's probably like the one person I'd really be checking for.....
33. ....and as my luck would have it she aint paying me nooooooooo mind
34. Welcome to your life Teej!
35. "So baby tell me what's up/Can we ascend to higher heights?/And when the path gets rough/We can give in to brighter nights/....Living this life on the hustle/I barely get enough time/... You see alot of contenders/They try to end up in my world/A reputation known as the untouchable (boy)/I'm moving on and now I'm trying to make a change in my ways/Be the best that I can be/to last me all of my days/Now we can blaze pathways/or just take our time/Better holla if you hear me cuz (TJ) gon shine..." - Left Eye "You Know What's Up" (Donell Jones)
36. Anybody feeling me on that?
37. Burning your tongue with too hot Hot Chocolate = NOT what's real in the streets
38. That damn Ying Yang/Wyclef 'song' sounds like straight noise!!
39. Somewhere across this vast land of ours someone has that shit as a ringtone
40. Even Angela's ass dont like it!
41. Im sorry but Im back on this Left Eye joint again
42. This is soooo where Im at right now
43. "My eyes don't lie/See how they glisten when you pass me by?/You and I don't need permission to be unified/Surely I done seen and heard of many places/Then I traveled around the world and seen many faces/Don't let another one get near me if you wanna be true/And show me that nobody else can do it better than you/So if you serious/I'm curious to see what you got/My love is furious cuz I believe in blowin' up spots" - Left Eye "You Know What's Up" (Donell Jones)
44. Dude Im really gonna be the bestesthusband ever invented
45. Yall just watch!
46. 60 degrees on Wednesday, 20 degrees on Friday.....that's Chicago weather for you!
47. It's colder than a Polar Bears toenails in the Chi right about now

48. Time to re-up on them long johns dun!
49. Peace of mind isnt far......I just know it
50. "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise one grows it under his feet" - James Oppenheim

5 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

I wonder who #32 is shes a lucky lady..and whom ever your future wifey is will be too.......I dont think i have ever seen somebody so excited about that.

Anonymous said...

Jay- Was he bored from banging B or somethang?

Goodness...Pure Mess

T.a.c.D said...

36. Totally feeling you on that...
43. Again, totally feeling this..AND this has to be like ONE of my favorite raps from her of all times...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jendayi said...

11. I ask the same question.
31. "slacking like a mug". {j.a.c.'s ears perk up}. Were you born and raised in Chicago? That's definitely a DC/east coast phrase.
44. I wish more men thought like that because I know that I'm going to be the bestest wife ever teej, but I need someone who wants to be the bestest with me.