Tuesday, May 30, 2006

6 More Weird Things

* I've been repeatedly tagged since I posted the last one like this. I figure what the hell...I'm a pretty quirky mu'fucka, so why not! I got weird facts/quirks for days. So here goes......

1. There is a small lump on the right side of my lower back. Real tiny.....you wouldnt notice it unless I pointed it out to you. I've had it for years. Doctor said it's a 'tissue growth' and I neednt worry. I on the other hand am almost positive that it is the piece of bone from when I chipped a bone in my knee in 5th grade. Im sure it made it's way up my thigh, past my hip and settled into my back.

2. I have absolutely nooooooooooooo patience when it comes to giving people directions over the phone. None whatsoever I tell you! I will catch a 'tude with my damn granny if I had to explain to her how to get somewhere via the phone.

3. When making a grilled cheese I always break off the right edge of the piece of cheese vertically, then nibble all 4 corners of the piece of cheese off also. This is to prevent the melting cheese from spilling off the sandwich and into the pan while cooking it.


4. My sense of smell comes and goes. It stems from a childhood accident involving Cocoa Puffs. What had happened was.....my brother and I were fucking around as young boys do. Maybe he dared me, maybe he didnt. The end result was me ending up with a Cocoa Puff really really deep in each nostril. So deep that I had to be taken to the emergency room to have them removed and we didnt get to go the wrestling match my mama was to take us to that night. Im not sure if he has forgiven me for making him miss that joint yet.

5. The show 'Diff'rent Strokes' had me maaaaaaaad shook of Harlem up until about 8th grade or so. I dont even remember why now that Im grown. I think the way Arnold and Willis usta talk about it made it seem like the scariest place ever to me. Alls I know is up until about 1991 if you had told me you were taking me to Harlem I woulda burst into tears and pleaded with you to reconsider.

6. Im not....how would you say.....'Electric Slide' savvy. I never learned it. Ive never joined in. If you were to find me in the crowd trying to get my slide on you'd notice me immediately. For one Im 6'5. For 2.....I'd be the one about a 1/2 step behind struggling to keep up. Yes Im black. Yes I know it's easy. I just never learned dammit.

And there you have it.

Yall laughing at me, aint yall?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) thanks for sharing...
you gimme the stevie lessons and i'll give you lessons on the bus stop - which is what it originally was.

Sim1 said...

LMAO
I don't know the Electric Slide either...I feel like such a social leper!!! But @ least I can play the Nationality Card

Anonymous said...

Did I not tag you like three months ago? O...kay. TJ, the Cocoa Puffs, you know that's Alyssa's favorite, how could you mess that up? And finally Jane keeps trying to kiss me, so I gotta make this short man. Don't give her the alcohol, its all gone wrong so fast.

And finally, there was something else I was gonna comment on, but she's made me a little frightened of her, like you were of Harlem. Probably more. Miss you. Clo

Anonymous said...

I love you, Teej. PS. Did you find me some coats? :)

Cherise said...

Just when I think you can't get anymore stupid... LMAO.. I laughed so loud, once again the ENTIRE OFFICE turned around to look at me.. I tried to play it off like I was coughing.. (since I've been sick for like 100 years) lol

You ALWAYS make my cloudy days clear...

Love you... Reesie


P.S. I still HATE freaking word verification

Nika Laqui said...

I'm with Reese...

*lol*, I'm not weid by myself I see...

Cocoa Puffs in ya nose? WTH? was yall on?

Anonymous said...

I can't do the electric slide or the bus stop...I am lucky I finally figured out the "Cabbage Patch" and I stick with what I know!

Afro Diva said...

For those of you who can't do the basic Electric Slide, aka "The Original Hustle", don't bother visiting Detroit. My city has the hustle a cultural phenomena with at least 25 or more variations from the Ballroom, to the Bad Girl, to the Booty Call and the list goes on and on and on... I however can't keep them all straight nor convince myself to learn anymore of them. I just like to freestyle when I dance and the group dance concept is a bit too restrictive.

As for my personal dance challenge, I have yet to master "The Prep" so when an old school dance off begins and we get to the prep and its many variations, I am just ass out:-)!

nubian said...

the electric slide----ahhh, a dance i NEVER learned to master. no matter how many times we would do it at family functions, i could never turn the right way...

i thought i was alone :-)