Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 7 - A Song That Reminds You Of The Past Summer (25 Songs in 25 Days)


Lalah Hathaway ”Breathe”

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Last summer was a muthafucka for me. Plain and simple. I’d been unceremoniously fired from my cushy hotel concierge job of the last 7 yrs and I had little to no savings. I’d just started subletting a friends place and unemployment was taking FOREVER to come through. Bill collectors were on my ass. I had NO income for 2 months. It was all too much I say! *exhale* So yeah last summer was a bit stressful but this song kept me sane. In hindsight, me getting fired was the best thing for me because Lord knows I was ret ta go but sometimes when the money is good it’s hard to walk away. I’m working for myself now and happy. I wouldnt have been able to be here if it werent for last summer……and this song.

No comments: