1. "No matter where you go, you are what you are playa/ and you can try to change but that's just the top layer/ Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here/ Only God can judge me so I'm gone/ Either love me, or leave me alone" - Jay Z "PSA"
2. How I managed to go 2 1/2 months without doing a list is beyond me
3. Yall know these things are like my therapy, right? Like, if ever you wanted to know what was going on in my world, all you would have to do is read these things
4. *lays on therapist's couch, takes a deep breath, and begins talking* lol
5. Big shout out to Kire, Khari, and Angie for pushing me to get up at an open mic and do one of my pieces
6. One of these days Imma actually get around to doing it I swear!
7. So funny that I did/do tv, have a radio show, speak on panels, am personable (when I wanna be) to all....and yet I still have stage-fright issues
8. In case you were unaware....my life is one BIG paradox
9. Always has been and probably always will be. I've made peace with it.
10. "...hope that we feel this, feel this way forever/ You can plan a pretty picnic/ but you cant predict the weather/....my intentions were good/ I wish I could/ become a magician to 'abaracadabra' all the sadder thoughts of me/ thoughts of she.../ asking what happened to the feeling that her and me had/ I pray so much about it, need some knee pads/ It happened for a reason, one cant be mad" - Andre' 3000 "Ms. Jackson"
11. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even the marrying type
12. Lord knows I have my ways about me but I don't think I'm impossible. Difficult maybe, but not impossible.
13. I still feel like I pretty much know all the things that make a relationship wonderful and everlasting.....
14. ....but knowing and doing and/or applying said knowledge are two different things....and THAT'S the part I've not quite mastered....I think.
15. You cant tell me that this love and marriage shit ain't the equivalent to catching lightening in a bottle. To get it clicking on ALL cylinders and the such......Shit is just rare yo!
16. And even with all that it still ain't gon be perfect. Nothing ever is.
17. *le sigh*
18. Love is like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold on to some of it, but most will be spilled. Love is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the love slips away and is lost. - Chicken Soup for the Soul
19. I'm pretty sure I drop a "*le sigh*" like once per list but hey....it's like that in this thing called Life. You will probably find yourself sighing frequently.
20. What is up with these crazy white people inflicting harm on themselves and then blaming it on a black person?
21. So lemme get this straight Bethany Storro ....you pour acid on your own damn face and then blame it on a black woman? Really? REALLY?
22. I don't mean to be harsh Bethany, but you deserve to look like the elephant woman for the rest of your life for this dumb shit.
23. Unless I'm mistaken....my friend who we'll call "Babydoll" more or less told me that we can't be friends while she's on some "new path"
24. She said that she "will remember (me) always" though :(
25. To be quite frank about it, I always considered us really good friends and this sucks and it hurts and it leaves me totally confused but....I guess we'll wait and see what's what.
26. Gotta laugh to keep from crying I suppose
27. "We were supposed to rid the world of danger/ These days we nod heads and small talk like polite strangers/ It's natural to fall off/ Just land close to the tree/ I'll be there if they need me to be" - Pos (De La Soul) "Trying People"
28. Have you ever watched the show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"
29. If and when you do....just brace yourself b/c that shit'll have you feeling bad
30. It's like "No you little fucker, I don't know offhand who ruled England in 1589, but I know how to juggle paying the rent, keeping food in the house, and keeping clothes on your back!"
31. Am I the only one who thinks there's been way too many devil/evil/vampire/occult movies as of late?
32. Hell....this newest one is simply called "Devil"
33. What the fuck is up with that? Yall had better stop supporting all these crazy movies putting all this twisted energy in the atmosphere
35. "If you're bold enough to say "We're going to take back OUR country" be bold enough to say from Who!" - Regan Gomez
36. If you dont know who Christine O'Donell is....you need to google her.
37. Alls I know is....if these Tea Party crazies keep picking up steam like this.... "Sarah Palin 2012" ain't as far fetched as us sane people had hoped......
38. . .....and if that's the case......who's meeting me in Toronto!?!?!?
39. The thing I don't get about "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is.....we now have openly gay elected officials! Being gay ain't touchy and taboo no more.
40. Un-do that dumb shit already!
41. Payday loans and Rent to Own places = Where a Nickle costs a Dime
42. That's one of the things about life though. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do
43. "Somebody Buy Me A Drink!" - Thelonious Monk
44. I've had this Monk song in my ipod for years and never really peeped it til recently but OH LORDY....talk about a song for my life's soundtrack lol
45. Save for the O-Line....our Bears look pretty good to me this year
46. That wretched pre-season didnt scare me at all
47. In my poem "Love Is" I wrote how Love is : a Stevie song and a Nikki poem......
48. ....so for Lesley and Nick to have a Stevie song sung and have me read Nikki's "Resignation" at their wedding.....
49. ....well it seems I was on the money b/c their ceremony was beautiful!
50. "If Tyler Perry fucks up "For Colored Girls..." I will personally kick his entire ass clean on outta that closet he's been so comfy in!" - @JustPhly
5 years ago