Monday, June 11, 2007

Still Single?

****A friend forwarded this to me and after reading it I had to share it. This is EVERYTHING I wanted to say in my "Why Are You Single" post, but couldnt express. I dunno who the brother that wrote this is but damn...talk about hitting it right on the head!!! Peep....****

I get asked all the time why I am single. The answer is never simple to answer.

Many people's lives revolve around finding the "one". In the process, most seem to not be actually ready for the "one" and end up finding many people that end up being wrong.

My life is no different until now. I have been with many girls that were not right for me. I however have seen the qualities in people that I recognize as being qualities that I would like my girl to have.

My girl has to be intelligent and has to celebrate that. In other words, I dont feel the type of girl that is intelligent but acts flaky. Many guys like that, but to me it is a turn off. If you are smart, act like you are, women with opinions are queens in my book.

Attitude is great, you have to have something about you that gives you flare; something that seperates you from most.

My girl is not only interested in me but if I like something, she would love to know why I am interested in it. My girl loves everything about me, including my interests, whether those interests are hers or not.

My girl is loyal to death! I have learned through trial and error that many girls (men as well) are not loyal. If something they thought better came along, they are gone as quickly as they came. I mos def would not settle down with a girl unless I felt she was loyal.

Part of being a queen is to know your role. Your role is not to try and stand in front of me, nor stand behind me, it is to stand right beside me as we chase after our dreams.

My future wife isnt all about trying to impress nobody, she knows she is the shit and is comfortable and confident in herself.

I do not chase after love, I am trying to chase after my own dreams. Relationships take a tremendous amount of time commitment that I do not feel I can give at this point. I feel I am worthy of love, just like any person is...but it is just not my time.

Love thyself, for you cannot rely on others to fullfill your own happiness. When you rely on someone else to give you a false sense of happiness, if it ends, it is traumatic...if you were happy within yourself you wouldnt fall so hard afterwards.

Why can't we find the right "one"...?

They are out there, remember, you will find the right "one" when you are ready for them to enter your life.

Make them wait...

If they truly cared for you, they would wait for you!

I challenge you to celebrate your independence and put yourself 1st for awhile. If you can not support yourself, how can you expect to support a spouse and raise a family.

Get yourself right and you will have happiness!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"I challenge you to celebrate your independence and put yourself 1st for awhile." took me a long time to get to that point. hence why i'm kickin it in japan. that's a good post dude!

T.a.c.D said...

This is the conversatino that HE and I had about what "the one" would be like...this is interesting...and it totally makes sense, you should never sell yourself short...

Anonymous said...

Makes total sense to me.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!

The Brown Blogger said...

Word is born.

Anonymous said...

So true that the right person will enter my life only when I am ready. So I must not be ready yet. In the meantime, I'm gonna do me...love life, friends, happiness, and be the best me I can be...